Search Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cork Flooring, A Trend or a Flooring Built to Last?

Natural cork flooring? I've been following Eco News Network's news articles on Twitter the last few weeks and come to find out, cork flooring is a new eco-friendly trend. After doing a couple of Google searches it appears that many businesses nationwide are beginning to invest in cork flooring.


Ellie's Eco Home Store, claims to have the "worlds best selection of cork flooring." Flooring options include eight different cork floors, with the added benefits of thermal insulation, sound absorption, and abrasion resistance. The store also claims that their cork flooring is priced very similarly to hardwood floors, tile, and slate per square foot. Cork flooring is still a relatively new product option for homes and businesses, hence it is still too early to determine if the eco-friendly trend will further expand and sustain in the flooring market.


Examples of Expanko Cork from the Eco News Network's Green Build:

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts.This is my first opportunity to chat this website. I found some interesting things and I will apply to the development of my blog.
    Link Building Service

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I feel like Cork Flooring could become much bigger and better in the coming years. Well my site hosts a versatile collection of flooring tiles as well. I'm hoping that you could get a chance to see them as well.

    ReplyDelete